Buncombe County is not requiring COVID protocols for masking nor social distancing. However, if you feel sick you need to follow CDC and WHO guidelines. North Lodge reserves the right to reinstitute the following measures as the situation with the global pandemic may resurface. We will continue to keep you informed. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to us at 828-252-6433.
- All rooms and common areas are sanitized from top to bottom in between guests.
All surfaces, light switches, doorknobs, and bathroom fixtures in guest rooms are sanitized between guests.
- We have increased regular deep-cleaning and disinfection schedules of shared surfaces in public spaces, such as door handles, railings, light switches, furniture, fixtures, remote controls, and trash cans.
- You can ask for limited daily housekeeping services, so that essential items get refreshed and we limit entering your room during your stay. Fresh towels and amenities will be provided daily upon request at your door. Wastebaskets left outside the room during your stay will be emptied and left outside the room.
- The hand-washing schedule for Staff has been increased to meet or exceed CDC guidelines. We will wear protective gloves during food preparation, serving, and cleaning.
- We have placed a hand sanitizer gel dispenser in our public area(s). Please make use of these upon entry to North Lodge Bed & Breakfast as well as throughout your stay.
- We encourage guests to wash their hands frequently, including posting reminder signs throughout the Inn.
- We advise guests feeling sick to wear masks that fully and tightly cover their nose and mouths, including covering coughs and sneezes, during your stay.
- Breakfast will be served at 9am and is a one seating affair.
- Condiments like salt, pepper, sugar, etc. are individually wrapped to avoid handling bottles.
- Check in for guests is 3pm to 6pm and we do not accept early arrivals. If you cannot make our 6pm check in – it is up to the guest to contact the in so we can provide you the door code which will allow you access to our home.
- All guests and staff are monitored for signs of symptoms.
- We encourage guests to stay home if you feel unwell or believe you may have been anywhere you could have been exposed to the coronavirus.
- Check out will remain at 11 am to allow for deep-cleaning and disinfecting of each room. A receipt will be provided you upon request and slid under your door the morning of departure. Otherwise it is emailed to you shortly after checkout.
Special COVID-19 Cancellation Policy:
If you have been exposed OR are confirmed positive with the Coronavirus you must call the Inn within 8 hours of your results & 72 hours prior to arrival and follow up with a cancelation email. (STAY HOME).
There will be no refunds under 14 days notice – no exceptions when booking direct / 30 days notice when booking through an online travel agency such as booking.com or Expedia.com. Should you be concerned about our policy – we highly suggest you contact 3rd Party Travel Insurance Company to buy trip insurance.
Thank you for booking with us. We hope to see you on a future stay.